Dining This Spring
Safety in our Dining Locations
- Cleaning: Each location maintains a variety of tools and processes designed to ensure the highest levels of cleanliness are maintained at all times. Each associate has a Day-At-A-Glance Tool to use as a guide for specific cleaning requirements for every station and space.
- High Touch Cleaning: Extra and frequent cleaning of all surfaces and items that are at higher risk of contamination.
- Dining Rooms: Tables and chairs will be cleaned and sanitized immediately after guests leave a table, before new guests sit down.
- Fogging: Each dining location will undergo a sanitizing fog at the end of each day.
- Guests: Increased availability of hand washing stations, hand sanitizer, ‘no-touch’ service options and targeted signage and communication to promote hand hygiene.
- Employees: Substantial and ongoing hand hygiene training, an increased schedule of mandatory hand washing and appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE). Timers have been placed in all dining locations and set to alarm every 20 minutes to notify employees to stop and wash their hands.
- Minimizing Contact: Practice of social distancing, including modifying the frequency and type of face-to-face employee encounters, discouraging hand-shaking, staggering breaks, and posting additional infection control guidelines.
- Signage and Dining Flow: Special signage has been posted in each dining location to help promote physical distancing. You will see special floor decals to keep distance in lines, as well as directional signage to keep one way traffic moving in all of our locations.
- Seating: Seating capacity has been lowered to state-recommended levels in all of our facilities, and our dining rooms have been re-positioned to promote distancing between guests. Additional outdoor seating will also be added with tented spaces across campus.
- Online Ordering: Grubhub ordering will be used in all retail locations and for Pit Express, along with our new grocery pick up program.
- Chemicals: Specified chemicals are designed specifically for food service environments. Diversey Quat – Sanitizer has the highest possible rating for efficacy. Every location also maintains an inventory of Oxivir TB Wipes, a CDC-approved disinfectant for the pathogen treatment of spaces that have been exposed to the COVID-19 virus.
- Equipment: All equipment utilized in cleaning and sanitation, including dishwashers, glass cleaners, chemical dispensers, etc. are checked multiple times per day for correct temperatures, concentrations and functionality.
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE): Your dining team ensures that all locations are properly equipped with the necessary PPE to ensure guest and employee safety – including gloves, masks, thermometers, aprons/gowns, etc.
- Vendors & Suppliers: All vendors and suppliers must pass stringent safety and sanitation requirements to gain and maintain approval. Additional controls will be placed on vendor deliveries to ensure the safe transfer of all products.
- Food Safety: Standards for food receipt, storage, handling and preparation are very detailed and specific. Each step of the process is monitored and documented so that quality, temperature control and contamination risks are managed at all times.
- Testing: Our dining team has undergone the same COVID-19 testing procedure as the rest of the Wake Forest University community.
- Daily Check-In: All members of our dining team undergo a daily check-in questionnaire and temperature check administered by another member of our team before entering their workspace.
- Vendors and Suppliers: Vendors and suppliers will also be checked in by a member of our team, and will receive a questionnaire and temperature check before entering any dining locations.
- Masks: All team members, suppliers, and vendors will be required to put on a mask before they enter buildings to check in. Masks will be worn by our teams at all times.
Safety in Action
Our team is showcasing these extensive safety protocols and procedures we’ve worked on this fall to keep our guests and our teams safe. In this message, our Director Tim Vandermeersch outlines some of our new protocols and features at our dining halls
A Message from our District Manager Tim Vandermeersch
Your Harvest Table Culinary Group team eagerly anticipates your return to campus every semester. We know safety is probably at the top of your minds in this ever-changing environment. I want to personally assure you that your safety is our #1 priority and we have developed new processes and protocols to address our new realities. Our commitment to quality, community and our environment hasn't changed and we look forward to listening and taking action to any needs you may have the coming semesters as we all find Our Way Forward.
New Service Style & Features
- Grubhub Ordering: We continue to offer Grubhub ordering and pick up in all retail locations. The added convenience of our grocery program is also available through the Grubhub app on campus.
- Added Convenience: In addition to ordering new ways to stay physically distanced, the Grubhub app will offer guests the ability to quickly order food and pick up on their way to class, eliminating the need to wait in line.
- How it works:
- Choose “delivery” in the Grubhub app for Wake Forest University
- Choose “336 Market”
- Choose 15 or more items to be delivered to you
- Place your order 24 hours in advance
- Your driver will contact you prior to delivery to let you know when your order will be delivered
- The driver will wait 5 minutes for the customer to pick up the order
- If the customer does not meet the driver within the 5 minute time span, the order will be ready for pickup at the 336 Market
- Delivery times:
- 10 am – 12 pm, 2 pm – 4 pm, 6 pm – 7 pm
- No delivery on the weekends
*This service is only available to on-campus residents, and students staying at the Best Western Plus or Hawthorne Inn during their quarantine/isolation period.
- Served Stations: All stations in our on-campus restaurants will now be served by one of our associates, including salad bars and drink stations. We will still be able to offer robust customization at all of these stations, but they will be for our guests’ safety.
- Green To-Go Boxes: Our reusable to-go box is a huge part of our sustainable dining program. We encourage guests who want to have the added convenience of dining on the go to sign up for this program. Reusable to-go containers will be available for a $5 refundable deposit and may be purchased using Food Dollars, Deacon Dollars, cash and credit.
- Contactless Payment: Please help us keep you safe with cashless transactions. We take pride in being able to offer you contactless payment options with Food Dollars, Deacon Dollars, Meal Swipes, Apple Pay, and Mastercard and Visa credit cards.
- Payment Options By Location: Click here to see a break down of all dining locations and the contactless payment options available to you.
- Added Convenience: You have a busy schedule, so our chefs are introducing more on-the-go options in our dining halls and retail restaurants. Enjoy in-house made salads, fruit cups and even more grab-an-go items along with our recently added grocery pick up program.
- Menus Designed for Convenience: Our chefs are re-thinking stations in our dining halls, building complete menus at each station so that our guests can get in fewer lines and enjoy meals faster.
- Food Delivery on Campus: Good Uncle is Wake’s premier meal delivery app that provides nutritious, high quality meals that are delivered to convenient spots on campus.
- High Quality Meal Created by World-Class Chefs: Good Uncle’s menus were designed specifically for delivery by a Michelin-star chef, and unlike competitors, they do not charge a delivery fee.
- Market Meals: Good Uncle will also provide meals in our markets across campus, so you can pick up a chef-made meal and enjoy it in the comfort of your home at your ceonvenience.
- Learn More: Learn more by taking a look at the Good Uncle website.
- Your favorite local Cantina Restaurant: The Porch’s menus were designed specifically for guest’s to enjoy in a restaurant setting. Now by offering Grab-N-Go, you can experience restaurant dining in the comfort of your own kitchen.
- Frozen and Fresh Meals: The Porch provided meals in our markets across campus, so you can pick up a chef-made meal either frozen or fresh.
- Learn More: Learn more by taking a look at the Porch website and checking our Instagram @deacondining
- Safe Events on Campus: Popular events like pop ups and supper club will still happen on campus! We will scale our events to offer the physical distancing and safety measure of all of our dining facilities, while still offering memorable experiences across campus.